11 March 2008

Geraldine Ferraro: Crazy Old Bigot or Straight Shooter?

First, it was:

If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.
Now, it's:
Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up... Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?
On a completely unrelated note, I'm quite distressed to find out that the F-117s are going to purgatory.

P.S. Geraldine Ferraro, if you're out there, you came this close - || - to making it onto the list of people who need to read Aquinas.

P.P.S. Please note that in the title of this post, I make my first in what is likely to be a long series of ageist remarks of the 2008 campaign.

No comments: